Life and Money Headline Animator

ShareThis

Sunday

Dividends Makes Me Smile



We all have our own likes and dislikes, we also have our own quirks that make us respond in ways that does not make sense to any body else. Some of the things are totally unexplainable like a sudden craving for a particular food item. Can you overcome the desire to take the first mango of the season in  your hands and suck it dry to the seed and then lick your fingers dry to the bones ?
Since this blog is about Life And Money let me write a little bit about some thing that brings a wide smile on my face.
Most of my money is invested in stock market as long term investment, I do not trade frequently in stocks, buying or selling less frequently than Rahul Khanna getting the girl in a movie. (Now when was the last time he got the girl in a movie? It was a movie called Bollywood Hollywood with Lisa Ray).

Coming back to the point. So most of  my stocks just sit there in my demat account some time rising some time going in the dumps, but me the lazy bones rarely trade in them. There have been times when the stocks have gone up by more than 20% in 3 months and there have been times when the stocks have gone down by more than 10% in a single day. But this mostly keeps me unfazed, as to me these are market events not impacting the business of the company in any way.

But whenever I receive a dividend from a company in my savings amount it brings a big curve on my rectangular face. No matter how small the amount, even an INR 10 dividend brings big smile on my face. As this money I feel is found money and is hard cash in my account mine to do whatever I want to do. The icing on the cake is that the dividend from stocks in the hand of investors has 0% tax. Yes Sir 0% tax! What else can an investor ask for?  You have got hard cash from your stocks and you don’t 

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right that we are crazy for many things in our life and our behavior on that can be extraordinary to other people surrounding us.Nice blog.I too love dividends.

    ReplyDelete