Life and Money Headline Animator

ShareThis

Thursday

Theory Of Relativity

I read about Einstein's theory on relativity pretty late in my life. But I was made aware of the same much earlier in life. How? Well please read on.
My grandmother told me a very simple story when I was a kid...




...... Once there was a young boy who used to live in a village. His family was very poor...
    One day a toy seller came to village and he was selling small elephants made of wood... 
The poor kid wanted one of them, so he ran to his mother and asked
Maa mujhe hathee lena hai...
 Maa ne pucha... beta hathee kitne kaa hai?
Beta bola... maa hathee 2 paise ka hai.!
Maa bolee... nahin beta hathee bahut mehnga hai....
The poor kid could not muster the courage to argue further and silently cried in a corner....
Well time passed and the kid became a handsome young man, worked very hard and one day became a very rich man...


On a lazy Sunday afternoon he heard the voice of a man who was selling elephant
( a real one )....

The boy still had memories of his child hood and how badly he wanted the elephant as a kid...
So after talking to the Elephant seller he went back home running to his mother and asked...
Maa mujhe Hathee lena hai...
Ma bolee " beta hathee kitne kaa hai?"
Beta bola " Maa hathee sawa lakh ka hai" ( 125000)
" Theek hai beta ja le le"
The son was very happy and bought the elephant after paying Sawa Lakh....


So how does it taught me about relativity.... well ... it turned out it taught me at early stage how one can spend is a function of how much one has. When the boy was poor he could not spend even 2 paise on the elephant, but when they became rich he bought an elephant worth 1.25 lakhs  ( It was not a white elephant by the way)....


Well this lesson helped me a lot of time in my life when i had to decide if I can or should buy some thing or not as well as relative to my other needs how important this purchase is relative to other needs.
But most of all you need to spend only once you have earned... a bit tough to explain to credit card flashing folks today.


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment